Welcome to the 32nd QuarkChain Bi-weekly Report for the period from May 16 to May 30.
1. Development Progresses
# Core Updates
- Supported the function of querying latest root for the case when no block height is given
- Deployed devnet.quarkchain.io with transaction and smart contract functionalities enabled for better development and testing
- Supported the function of querying shard block and corresponding confirmed root block for clients to better guarantee transaction finality
- Implemented bootnode health check
- Implemented mining machine health check
- Added batch sending transactions utility tools for mainnet
- Fixed block poisoning attack by rebroadcasting invalid blocks
2. QuarkChain announced the detailed schedule about token unlocking in June
For the long-term and healthy development of the project, we announced a new token release schedule in early September 2018: All the token distribution of private sale, foundation, QuarkChain core team, marketing, and advisors was delayed for 9 months (until Early June 2019)*. With the approaching of the release day, many community members have expressed their high concern about the details. In order to ensure the openness and transparency of the project and to respond to community concerns, we now publish the specific date and proportion of token unlocking. Please check the link for more details：
123 Games is Korea’s leading HTML5 game platform running its business from 2015. It currently serves App. 40 for casual games, gambling games, and MMORPG games and it is moving forward to serve 50 games in 2019.
The games they provide are of high quality, and thus have partnerships with Korea leading players such as Korea’s №1 searching portal, the mother company of LINE messenger NAVER, leading mobile game publisher Kakao Games, №1 casual gambling game company NHN Entertainment, and leading telecom group KT.
Shin Dongjun, the CEO of 123 Games and a veteran of this industry from 1990’s, believes HTML5 based casual games are one of the most important DApp categories for blockchain industry to grow. As a witness to the growth of the Internet era and the mobile era, casual games have spearheaded the adoption and monetization of games which led to e-commerce and then ad business in each domain.
We are happy to partner 123 Games to QuarkChain Ecosystem.
Bi-Weekly AMA with Dr. Zhou
QuarkChain has been holding its bi-weekly AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Telegram/Wechat groups on Saturday, from 7–8 PM PST. Dr. Zhou received many interesting questions. For example, what are the most prominent trade-offs QuarkChain made consciously when designing the system? What has been sacrificed and gained? How do the nodes in the network deal with the resulting enormous demand for storage and network requests? Does QuarkChain plan to support dynamically changing shards? How is it achieved? Do the shards have to be homogenous? For the detailed answers please read AMA Summary here: https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/quarkchain-weekly-ama-summary-05-18-2019-ebb69a9bc180
Blockchain Week in Hangzhou
On May 17, the 2019 Global Blockchain (Hangzhou) Summit Forum was held in Hangzhou, with the theme of “Embrace the Commercial Age and Enable the Digital Economy”. More than 30 guests from domestic and foreign were invited to give speeches and participate in the round table discussions. Tencent, Alibaba, and other Internet giants and a group of executives from traditional industries share the application practice of blockchain in various business scenarios.
QuarkChain CBO Ting Du is invited to Binance Event in Moscow on 6/4/2019
As one of the main communities of QuarkChain, the Russian community has been contributing to the development of QuarkChain. Therefore, this Binance event also invited QuarkChain CBO Du Ting to participate in the meeting. Du Ting will introduce the new QuarkChain mainnet to the Russian blockchain enthusiasts on the spot and communicate with the local QuarkChain supporters in Russia.
“Next Generation POW Public Chain” Workshop
QuarkChain Scientist Dr. Yaodong Yang will attend the workshop, “Next Generation POW Public Chain”. During the discussion, he will share his opinion about the possibility of next-generation public chain development
- We opened QuarkChain’s official developer community on Discord. Please feel free to join us and discuss up-to-date blockchain technologies with other hackers. Welcome! https://discord.me/quarkchain
- We also started a new post in QuarkChain’s official Reddit Account. We will collect questions before AMA. Please feel free to post questions and suggestions on Reddit.