Welcome to the 30th QuarkChain Bi-weekly Report for the period from Apr. 18 to May 02.
1. Development Progresses
# Core Updates
## Major Milestones
– Launched testnet 26
– Successfully launched mainnet on April 30
– Supported root block header retrieval which can adjust skipping steps
– Implemented a two-phase commit scheme when adding root / shard blocks to local states
– Added a database browser tool to better check root chain and shard chain consistency
– Supported retrieving and providing client version
– Added JSONRPC endpoint to provide P2P routing table for better debuggability
– Supported remote signing Proof-of-Guardian
– Optimized root chain synchronization by using an n-ary method to lookup ancestor of local and remote chains
– Updated block synchronization staleness threshold
– Updated cross-shard transaction format so root chain coinbase reward can be recognized
– Updated re-broadcasting behaviors of master servers during recovery to ensure consistency
– Included network ID during peer discovery
– Updated PoSW lock-up to only limit funds that are used for staking
– Updated utility scripts for k8s deployment
– Made genesis block respect nonce config
– Made P2P config respect max peer config
– Fixed shard chain inconsistencies during root chain sync
– Fixed potential memory DoS attack when adding new blocks
– Enforced master to check shard block existence via db
– Enforced block version check
– Fixed total difficulty validation
– Fixed cross-shard transaction cursor initialization in genesis block
– Fixed log printing crash that leads to master server hang on request
– Fixed off-by-1 error of PoSW lockup-window and difficulty adjustment
2. QuarkChain Mainnet V1.0 Singularity Officially Live
QuarkChain mainnet V1.0 Singularity has officially launched on April 30. Implementing ETH2.0 in advance, QuarkChain mainnet implemented the most valuable and challenging state sharding technology and became the first public chain with high concurrent shards function. The advantage of sharding technology is that while achieving high throughput capacity, different shards using multiple consensuses, ledger models, transaction models, and token economics can coexist on a system that is protected by more than 51% hashpower. Relying on flexibility, QuarkChain has maintained the maximum openness to future emerging technologies on the basis of integrating the existing resources of the industry.
Click for detailed introduction: https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/open-letter-to-community-quarkchain-mainnet-v1-0-singularity-official-live-fcf81362e892
3. QuarkChain Guardian Plan Phase I Ended, Phase II will start
The first phase of application entry for Aegis Guardian and Elf Guardian has been closed, and subsequent applicants will automatically be transferred to the second phase. Users who failed to vote on time were regarded as abstaining and could not make up votes. At the same time, because no valid votes were counted, abstentions could not participate in the calculation of bonus awards. After the closure of voting, the voting channel was temporarily closed. The selected Elf Guardians have already been published on the website. The second phase of the Guardian Plan will be officially launched on May 6th, Beijing time.
Please click for the full list: https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/the-first-phase-of-quarkchain-guardian-plan-ended-with-32-elf-guardians-94c962722068
Chain Partners is a well-established company that is building the foundation of Korea’s Crypto Finance from digital assets exchange to payment, research, OTC desk, consulting and custody. They are also an EOS node operator.
EYES Protocol is a blockchain project of LSWare, a 15-year running software company with portfolios in compliance, availability, protect, security (CAPS). It serves leading companies such as Samsung Electronics and also Korean and Indonesian government. EYES protocol utilizes LSWare’s 0.8 billion validated open source codes to enhance the development of the blockchain industry.
HAIVE is Decentralized Community for Language Learning by DApp. It utilizes AI and Data analytics to ease learning and automatic content creation and sharing. Its initial version is available on iOS.
Matic Network partners with QuarkChain
QuarkChain’s sharding implementation is close to deployment with the multitude of use cases it aims to serve. QuarkChain will apply high transaction throughput to support the Quark Universe.Thus researching L2 scaling using side-chains will help both QuarkChain and Matic Network. Collaborating can benefit both teams to better develop their platforms.
QuarkChain AMA with Binance English, Binance Russian and Cobo Wallet Telegram Group Community
On April 24, 27 and 29, QuarkChain held AMA with Binance and Cobo Wallet in the Binance English Telegram group, Binance Russian Telegram group, and Cobo Wallet Telegram group. During AMA, Dr. Zhou and CMO Anthurine introduced QuarkChain Mainnet V1.0 Singularity. QuarkChain is a flexible, scalable, and user-oriented blockchain infrastructure by applying blockchain sharding technology. In addition, QuarkChain relies on the completed design of sharding function to achieve theoretical throughput capacity. At the same time, QuarkChain realizes the customization of four dimensions: different shards may have different consensus algorithms, ledger models, transaction models and token economics. QuarkChain is protected by hashpower of root chain-shards, it has become a flexible, highly scalable and easy-to-use blockchain underlying architecture that integrates security, decentralization and efficiency.
Blockchain Week in Hang Zhou 5/15–5/17
This is the first Blockchain Week in Hangzhou. There are three main schedules. ChainNode Technology Open Day on May 16 (morning venue) and Friends in Blockchain(afternoon venue). Both of them are small-scale but high-end gatherings, with the highest number of entrants at 300. May 17th is the peak conference of the Global Blockchain (Hangzhou) in 2019. It is expected that the number of participants will reach 1500.
Consensus Conference in New York 5/13–5/15
Consensus is the one global conference and expo that brings entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, traders, developers, academics, students and people with curiosity together under one roof to explore, collaborate and debate the future of blockchain and crypto.
6. QuarkChain in the News
QuarkChain Launched Mainnet, Onboards First Clients:https://cryptonews.com/news/quarkchain-launching-mainnet-onboards-first-clients-3778.htm
- We opened QuarkChain’s official developer community on Discord. Please feel free to join us and discuss up-to-date blockchain technologies with other hackers. Welcome! https://discord.me/quarkchain
- We also started a new post in QuarkChain’s official Reddit Account. We will collect questions before AMA. Please feel free to post questions and suggestions on Reddit.