Welcome to the 23rd QuarkChain Bi-weekly Report for the period from Jan. 12 to Jan. 25.
— — — — — — — — — →QuarkChain Official Website ← — — — — — — — —
1. Development Progress
- Implemented chain ID in pyquarkchain where each chain can be individually configured (e.g., consensus algorithm, number of shards, VM) and new chains can be added into the network dynamically.
- Implemented multi-native tokens (https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/supporting-multi-native-tokens-in-a-single-blockchain-686fc65f5931) in pyquarkchain which supports token transfers at this moment. Features to pay gas in native tokens are under development.
- Implemented Proof of Staked Work (https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/proof-of-staked-work-ef36f9499279) in pyquarkchain. This will allow miners to mine blocks with much less difficulty if they lock certain amount of tokens in their accounts.
- Updated testnet web code to work with chain ID and transfer multi-native tokens.
A new testnet (network ID 24) with the features mentioned above will be launched and tested at the end of February.
2. QuarkChain Bounty Program Support Multiple Languages
Since QuarkChain launched bounty program in mid-December 2018, users around the world have maintained a high level of enthusiasm for participation. Over thousands of users have participated in this bounty program. In order to enable domestic users to better participate in, we have added new tasks for Chinese and Korean channels. Bounty rules have been translated into Chinese and Korean, users can easily participate without language restrictions. For more details please visit: https://bounty.quarkchain.io/.
3. QuarkChain Listed on Upbit, One of The Korea’s Largest Exchanges
Upbit, one of Korea’s largest exchanges, announced that it would open QKC exchange in the Korean market and launch QKC/KRW online transactions. Upbit is a company founded in October 2017. With the supporting from KakaoTalk, Korea’s largest social communication software, Upbit grew rapidly to become one of the largest exchanges in Korea with a daily trading volume of 1.5 billion RMB.
Thanks for reading this report. QuarkChain always appreciates your support and company.